Think of your dermatologist as a teammate. He or she can help you find a treatment that is right for you. The key is to educate yourself. The more you learn about psoriasis, the better you will be at asking questions, bringing up concerns, and understanding your different treatment options.
Prepare for your visit to the doctor:
- Write out a list of any questions you may have. You can download this Appointment Guide to help you get started
- Track how your diet and activities affect your psoriasis and share that information with your doctor
- Note how symptoms affect your life. It’s important to mention joint pain, if you have any. Find out why
- Write down medicines you currently take (including vitamins or other supplements) and note any previous treatments
- List your treatment goals